Acacia Partners is a private investment firm based in Austin, Texas that invests only in family-owned and owner-operated companies. We invest from a committed capital fund in businesses ranging in enterprise value from $30 million to $250 million that are seeking majority or minority equity investment partners. Acacia offers a unique alternative to traditional private equity for business owners that prioritize our differentiated approach and are interested in maintaining a meaningful equity stake alongside our investment.
Unlike traditional private equity firms, Acacia does not have a fixed investment mandate. We maintain a high degree of flexibility regarding investment structure and time horizon. Our firm even has the ability to hold investments indefinitely.
We offer a compelling proposition to business owners which includes:
- Patient, long-term capital aligned with your company’s objectives.
- Conservative use of debt. We prefer to generate investment returns through growth and operational excellence rather than financial engineering. We are committed to using a maximum of 2x debt to EBITDA leverage on all investments.
- Commitment to maintaining the company culture post-closing. We hold a deep appreciation for the unique characteristics that give family and owner-operated businesses a competitive advantage, and we believe changing the company culture can diminish those advantages.
- Access to a vast investor network to drive valuable strategic introductions.
- Always doing what we say we are going to do. Our reputation is our greatest asset.
- Always over communicating.
- Low tolerance for negotiating.
- Flexibility in our level of involvement post-closing, with the goal of helping the business grow and not be an impediment to management.