Acacia Partners is a private investment firm based in Austin, Texas that invests only in founder-owned and owner-operated companies with enterprise values between $50-$250 million. Acacia offers a unique alternative to traditional private equity for business owners that prioritize our differentiated approach of deploying indefinite capital and utilizing minimal leverage. Acacia’s approach is best suited for entrepreneurs that are interested in maintaining a meaningful equity stake alongside our investment.
Unlike traditional private equity firms, Acacia does not have a fixed investment mandate. We maintain a high degree of flexibility regarding investment structure and time horizon. Our firm even has the ability to hold investments indefinitely.
Acacia offers a differentiated proposition to business owners which includes:
- Patient, long-term capital aligned with the company’s objectives.
- Conservative use of debt. We prefer to generate investment returns through growth and operational excellence rather than financial engineering. We are committed to using a maximum of 2x debt to EBITDA.
- Commitment to maintaining the company culture post-closing. We hold a deep appreciation for the unique characteristics that give family businesses a competitive advantage, and we believe that changing the company culture can diminish those advantages.
- Concerted effort to make the diligence process as easy and transparent as possible. We have closed 100% of our LOIs on time and at our LOI price.
- Access to a vast investor network to drive valuable strategic introductions.
- Always doing what we say we are going to do. Our reputation is our greatest asset.
- Flexibility in our level of involvement post-closing, with the goal of helping the business grow and not be an impediment to management.